Why did a product change colors?
If you notice that a prior scan has changed colors from say, red to yellow or yellow to green, it means we have made a change to our dataset that has impacted how we classify it. We publish data updates ever 1-2 weeks and will always notify you by email when changes occur.
Here are the main reasons why a product may be reclassified and change colors in the app:
- The product was recently certified or verified as safe by the manufacturer.
- The product was reformulated and has a new list of ingredients.
- The product contained a data error (misspelling, incorrect ingredients, formatting, etc.).
- [FODMAP only] An ingredient in the product has been tested or retested, and the FODMAP content has changed.
- [FODMAP only] An ingredient in the product is considered an “exception”. For example, apple cider vinegar is green, even though it contains the word apple, which is red.
- [FODMAP only] The product or product type is deemed low FODMAP by our FODMAP-trained dietitian team (e.g. some sourdough breads and cheeses).
If you see a product change colors between the Discover feed and when you tap on it, this is a bug. Please report it by tapping the flag icon and sending us a message.